Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Crazy Book Buying Obsession Tag!

Hello Lovelies!
 
I cannot apologize anymore for my lack of posts. Being a senior in college is not as much of a breeze as it should be. So no excuses but that this time so let's get into it!

I got this tag from Thoughts of a Book Addict and it completely explains my love for books, obsession!
 

My crazy book buying obsession 


1) Do you have an obsession with buying books?

Yes! I plead so far past guilty it's not even funny!

2) When, where and how often do you buy your books? Do you go with anyone else or just by yourself?

I don't buy books that often because I am a poor college student. When I do have the money I usually like to go to used book stores, Books-A-Million, or browse Amazon. Most of the Amazon purchases I make are for my Kindle so most of major book purchases, the books I have been pining for for a while, I don't get from Amazon because I hate waiting for it to come in the mail and I want a hard copy of them.

3) What kind of things attract you to books when browsing them? Is there a specific genre of books you automatically go and look at?

I'm ashamed to say that for me to pick up a book the cover or the title has to catch my eye unless I have been recommended it by someone. The art work on the cover usually tells a little bit about the type of story the book contains but this is not a method I would recommend because it has led me wrong.
I usually go straight to the young adult section of any book store I go into. I veer off from that section from time to time but not very often.

4) Do you prefer to buy new, used or a mixture of both?

I buy a mixture of books because I love used book stores but I can't always wait to get to my favorite book store and they don't always have the books I'm looking for so I have to get them new. I have books that are literally falling a part (more on this to come) that I still reread to this day that I don't care how torn a part they are as long as I can still read the words on the page.

5) How much are you willing to spend on books each month?

I don't give my self a limit on money for books but that's mainly because I don't usually have the money to spend on them anyway. I would rather buy books than anything else though and I will give up other things I want in order to buy books when I do have the money.

6) Have you ever gone on any ‘book-buying bans’?

No but I probably should.  :)

7) How long does it take you to get around to reading to recently bought books?

It depends on how excited I am to read them. Some books I buy look interesting but I am more excited about another book I bought the same day. It really depends on the book and what mood I'm in.

8) Do you prefer to buy a lot of shorter, cheaper books or just a few longer, more expensive ones?

Both. I'm not a snob when it comes to books that are self published by the author (which are usually the cheaper or even free books on Amazon Kindle) so I have read some crummy books in my time because the overall premise looked good. There are books I will pay more for because I have been waiting for them or because I've been looking for them for a while.

9) Anything else to say about these awesome obsessions?

I love all books. Long, short, crummy, amazing. I'll take them anyway they come (granted I may not keep them once I finish).

10) Who are you tagging?

Anyone who wants to do this tag is welcome but I would appreciate mentioning me in the intro and posting your responses back to this post so I can see them!

Leave me a comment about how much you love books!

Thanks for reading!
C.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment