Friday, November 15, 2013

Embrace the Night - Amanda Ashley

Hello Lovelies!

I'm not going to apologize for being so absent because I've done that enough so I'm just going to jump right back in and play catch-up. New Review!

This is not a young adult book but it is one of my absolute favorite love stories. I have read it multiple times, let's go!



Goodread's Summary...



A creature doomed to wander the earth in eternal darkness, he searches the ages for someone to share the endless night of his existence, for that one woman who will recognize the man within the monster. An angel of purity and sunlight, she fears the mysterious stranger whose eyes promise endless ecstasy even as he whispers dark secrets she dares not believe. They are two people longing for fulfillment, braving the danger of a love like no other. Alone, they face desolation and despair; together, they will share undying passion, defy eternity, and embrace the night.

Thoughts...

I love this book! Gabriel is the perfect mixture of brooding and excitement. I've always loved a good vampire romance but this one takes the cake. I've read this countless times and I fall more in love with it each time. 

Gabriel meets Sarah Jane when she is a little girl and saves her from starvation. He watches her grow up from her window. Sarah Jane does not remember Gabriel bringing her to the orphanage. She is bound to a wheelchair and worries no one will ever love her. When she is almost killed in a fire Gabriel takes her home with him and heals her with blood. From this point on their romance really begins to move along. 

Sarah Jane wants more than anything to be a ballerina and Gabriel is able to give that to her. She also wants to be with Gabriel but of course his brooding self resists. 

Their story is beautiful and slightly horrifying at times because of course there can't just be a happily ever after can there? But their end is not Gabriel's end. 

Sarah Jane does not want to be a vampire, grows old and dies. Fast forward to the 1990's and Gabriel meets Sarah. She is in mourning from losing her husband and baby. Gabriel feels an instant connection with her and begins to wonder if Sarah Jane is really gone from his world.

I love when Gabriel meets Sarah. It's a very emotional part of the book and it gets to me. The way Ashley writes it comes across as a heart-stopping event that may forever change Gabriel....again. 

When I have read this book in the past (when I was a little younger), I stopped when Sarah Jane died. The portion with Sarah Jane is with Gabriel is the longer part of the book and I got very attached. The last time I read this book however, I continued to read and remembered how much I loved Sarah's part as well. It ties Gabriel's journey together very nicely and the book wouldn't be complete without it.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves romance. Yes there is a vampire element, but the fundamental story of boy falls for girl is beautifully written and well worth the read.

I apologize for the amount of plot in my review portion of this post but I don't think Goodreads did a good enough job with their summary on this one so I felt like I needed to fill you guys in. 

This book may be difficult to find. The writer Amanda Ashley is actually Madeline Baker. You may have to look under her name when looking or asking for it in a bookstore.

Below is my actual copy....you can probably tell how much I love it. :)



Thanks for reading! I will try my absolute hardest to be better about posting. Please leave me a comment or just a suggestion!

C.


No comments:

Post a Comment