Saturday, December 29, 2012

Immortal - Gillian Shields

9 out of 10!

This book is fantastic. Evie has just enrolled in an all girls boarding school. She meets Sebastian and a relationship begins to form. There is only one problem with the school, Evie is being haunted.
There are flashbacks in this book which makes it a go to book for me. The author does an awesome job of not giving away all the answers right away. Shields twists the characters around each other so that the reader does not know who is trustworthy and who is two faced.
There is not a clear path the reader can see right away when the book begins that the story is going to take but I love the way the author weaved the past and present together. 
I love Evie and Sebastian's relationship. Sebastian plays the gentlemen to a tee and I am a huge softy for the southern gentleman. 
I just found out, looking for the picture for this post, that this book is actually the first in a series which makes me ecstatic because I would love to see the rest of Evie's story. I know I have said ''I love" a lot in this post but this book has so much potential that the rest of the series could be amazing and I'm not sure how else to put it. :)

Not sure when I will have the rest of the series to review but I will try my hardest to make it very soon. My next review should be up soon. 

Thank you to all who have been reading already.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment