Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Beautiful Creatures - Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl


 Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)

8 out of 10!

Hello Lovelies!

Goodreads summary:
Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.


I was drawn to this book mainly because the movie was released and I hate seeing a movie that I haven't read the book to especially when the book has such good reviews. When I picked it up from the store I couldn't wait to get home and read it. I continued to feel this way until I was about two thirds done with this book.

Once I got to that point it seemed to begin to drag. I wanted something to happen and instead I got more things building up to her birthday. I know you have to set the story and the build it up to make it dramatic but my goodness I was so tired of reading this book by this point I just wanted it to be done. 

The ending also had me frustrated. I know in order to set up a sequel there has to be unfinished business and something still has to be wrong with the characters for it to make sense to even write a sequel much less have someone else read it. I understand this but dang! This book does not even touch trying to end on a good note. It just ends. Lena and Ethan are all but going in two separate directions and it's not happy ones. 

I have the second one already but I'm not in a huge hurry to read it. This book left me on a low point with the characters and I already know that things are not going to go the way they want them to just by the ending of this book. 

This book would have probably gotten a lower review if it had not been for the amazing chemistry between Ethan and Lena. I love that Ethan loves Lena immediately and will do anything he can for her. This is the reason I continued on with the story when I wanted to throw it against the wall. 

Leave me a comment telling me what you think about this book. Follow me on instagram @careteach and on twitter @bookjunkie409. Be sure to follow this blog to get all the updates as soon as they happen!

Thank you all for reading!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment