Friday, May 31, 2013

The Elite by Kiera Cass


The Elite (The Selection, #2)

Hello Lovelies!

Okay I know it has been a while since my last post but I have been trying to enjoy what little vacation time I have. I will have several posts going up the next few days to try to make up for it though so let's get into the first one.

10 out of 10!

Goodreads summary: 
 
Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.


When I started this book, I was so excited for the next installment of America's journey with Maxon and it did NOT disappoint. I read it in two days and the only reason it took me that long was because I was traveling with my parents so I couldn't sit and let it consume me. 

America is one of 6 girls left in the Selection and she has all but decided on what she wants and of course things start to crumble around her. Her best friend in the castle is taken from her and Maxon seems to be to blame. She becomes angrier than ever with the situation and decides to put a stop to it. 

It backfires of course and she ends up making the king, as well as Maxon, mad at her. She now is determined to fight harder than ever to get what she wants, now she just has to figure out how.

This book literally had me laughing out loud, crying, and throwing in down in the middle of a sentence. It was one of those books where everything seems to be going so perfectly that you know you by the fact that the book isn't even half over you should stop now before it all comes crashing down around you. There were several times I dreaded to pick the book back up because I knew something I wouldn't like was coming. As a reader, I became so invested in these characters that it hurt my heart when something happened with or to them.

I have only read this book once which should mean that it would only receive a 9 on my scale but I know I will be rereading it and it had me on such a roller coaster of emotions while I was reading it, I couldn't not give it a 10.

I can't wait for the last book to come out and see what happens with these characters. I am so invested at this point, if it doesn't work out for all of them I will curl up in a ball and cry my eyes out. 

As always, leave me a comment telling my what you thought of my review and what other books you think I should read and review. I will be putting all my information about Instagram and Twitter on my About Me page so be sure to follow me on both of those.

Thanks for reading!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment