Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The Fault in Our Stars ~ John Green

Hello Lovelies!

As promised, a new book review!

I know we now have a movie to swoon over where this book is concerned and John Green now has a second movie ready and waiting in the wings but I have to join the millions that are STILL taking about this book. 

9 out of 10  

Goodreads summary: 
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.


I loved this book. I read it last summer, before the movie came out, during lulls at work and cried through the last third of it. It did take me a little while to get into it but once I did it was incredible. Green once again turns basic conversations and experiences into the most heart felt words imaginable.

I absolutely adore Agustus Waters and his charm.  I don't think that the book would have the same upbeat air, even in the middle of cancer stories galore, without Gus. He strives to see the world through the eyes of someone other than himself and he takes Hazel along for the ride, 

I can definitely relate to Hazel. She is the typical girl who is given a crap hand in life. She accepts her fate and doesn't really try to get beyond it. Until Gus. He is the one who shows her that the world doesn't have to be closed off to her just because she has cancer. Through him she discovers more of herself than I think she has seen in years.

I only gave this book 9 out of 10 because I don't believe I could read it again. I love it so much but the journey that Green takes you on is such a roller coaster that it kind of tears you down and builds you back up again. It's been almost a year since I have read this book and I still don't think I could read it again. Maybe later on in my life but not anytime soon.

If you have not read this book, I urge you to do so. It is one of the best, most well written books of our generation and to not read it is depriving yourself of  an experience no one should miss.

As always, leave me a comment letting my know how you feel about this review and/or this book and any suggestions of the book I should review next. 

Thanks for reading!

C.


No comments:

Post a Comment