Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley


The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window

Hello Lovelies!

I have no clue why but it has taken me forever to do a review on this book. It is a book that has not gotten the best ratings on Goodreads but I disagree completely.

10 out of 10!


Goodreads summary:

Amber Walker and her older brother, Jake, have an abusive father. One night her brother's best friend, Liam, sees her crying and climbs through her bedroom window to comfort her. That one action sparks a love/hate relationship that spans over the next eight years.

Liam is now a confident, flirty player who has never had a girlfriend before. Amber is still emotionally scarred from the abuse she suffered at the hands of her father. Together they make an unlikely pair.

Their relationship has always been a rocky one, but what happens when Amber starts to view her brother's best friend a little differently? And how will her brother, who has always been a little overprotective, react when he finds out that the pair are growing closer?


I read this book in one night and not because it's short. It pulled me in from the first page and didn't let up until the last. I have read this book countless times and have no problem picking it up again the next day. I love Amber and Liam together. Their relationship is sweet and cautious but with the wit that won't leave you bored. 

Some people are saying it is insane that she could trust Liam being so close to her all the time because of her past but the author clearly shows that she is drawn to Liam and can trust him above anyone. He is sweet and caring and wants nothing more than for his Angel to be happy. 

Can I just say the reason he calls her Angel is corny and would never really happen but it is so adorably sweet that it's cute. I love that he calls her Angel even when she hates it. I love that she is completely clueless with the whole situation. 

The first half of the book is a typical love story type sequence; the second half however is a twist and turn of events that made my head hurt. Of course her dad comes back into her life and of course the cycle almost repeats itself but there's more at stake and more people are involved.

I also love a story that is told in two or more points of view. It does not go back and forth throughout the book but there is enough from Liam's side that the reader gets a sense who he truly is and how he feels about Amber and is not just feeding her lies. 

I love this book and would highly recommend it. It is a little rough but if you overlook that it is phenominal!

Leave me a comment telling me how you liked the book and what books you want me to review next.

Thanks for reading!

C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment