Friday, April 19, 2013

Forever... - Judy Blume

Hello Lovelies!

7 out of 10!

Goodreads summary:

 Katherine and Michael meet at a New Year's Eve party. They're attracted to each other, they grow to love each other. And once they've decided their love is forever, they make love.

It's the beginning of an intense and exclusive relationship, with a future all planned. Until Katherine's parents insist that she and Michael put their love to the test with a summer apart...


Okay I will be honest, this book was recommended to me and at first I loved it. I thought Michael and Katherine's relationship was sweet and real and I was in love with it for about 75% of it. Then, as the book started to wind down, it collapsed. I know that I'm a hopeless romantic and I have accepted the fact that not every author likes the - wrap it up in a neat and lovely package where everyone will live happily ever after - outline but this book made me want to throw against the wall.

It happens all of a sudden and you really don't see it coming, or at least I didn't. I was so angry when I finished this book I wanted to scream. If you don't mind an ending that is not peaches and cream then I recommend this book but if you're like me then I would read it with caution. It is a good book so I would recommend reading it, just be prepared.

I am stock piling reviews at the moment while simultaneously trying to finish Beautiful Creatures and wrap up everything for classes this semester so please try to be patient with me. Once I get a break in school I will be able to read more - hopefully.

As always, leave me a comment letting me know books you would like for me to review.

Thanks for reading!

C.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm....I have read Judy Blume's books for kids, but never for teens. I might have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete