Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Secret Year by Jennifer R. Hubbard

8 out of 10

Hello Lovelies!

The Secret Year is about a boy named Colt and his relationship with the now dead Julia. Their relationship was kept secret from everyone else in their lives. Their year together was documented by Julia in a journal that, when she dies, is given to Colt by her brother. Colt spends the better part of the next year reliving his year with Julia to the demise of his relationships.

That is really the best description I can give about this book. It's complicated to try to explain but a good read. It would have gotten a better review if I hadn't been ready to strangle Colt 99% of the time. He spends the whole book trying to make up his mind and trying to get his mind off Julia.

I wish there would have been more about Julia and he would have made up with Kirby by the end but it's a good sad story. It's not one that made me cry but it definitely almost got there at one point. Good read and I recommend it.

Next on the list - I am reading Beautiful Creatures at the moment and should be finished within the next few days. I will try to get a review done soon after that.

As always, leave me a comment with suggestions about what you would like for me to review next and thanks for reading. :)

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment