Friday, June 7, 2013

Dreamland - Sarah Dessen

Hello Lovelies!

I hate going back to school! I have to set aside my books that I actually want to read and read things that I have no desire to read. I love teaching and I can't wait to become a teacher but reading articles about teaching is sometimes very boring. 

Now that I have ranted about a problem that many of us probably have, let's move on!

9 out of 10!

Dreamland

Goodreads Summary: 

Wake up, Caitlin

Ever since she started going out with Rogerson Biscoe, Caitlin seems to have fallen into a semiconscious dreamland where nothing is quite real. Rogerson is different from anyone Caitlin has ever known. He's magnetic. He's compelling. He's dangerous. Being with him makes Caitlin forget about everything else--her missing sister, her withdrawn mother, her lackluster life. But what happens when being with Rogerson becomes a larger problem than being without him?


I love this book. It is tragically good. Caitlin's story is not a happy one but is gripping and heartbreaking. I love Sarah Dessen and she is one of my favorite authors. I've read almost every one of her books and they always live up to my expectations. 

Caitlin's boyfriend Rogerson starts out seeming like a close to perfect person. He is sweet with the hint of bad boy-ness that every girl seems to crave. It turns ugly with him as he becomes possessive and abusive. Caitlin has to come to terms with the fact that he is not making her life better or any easier, he is simply making her fade into this dreamland and not giving her a way out.

This book is sad but it does have a joyous ending. I have read it more than once but it's not quite up to other books I've read that have received a 10 so I have rated it a 9.  

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a sad story with a happy ending. And for if no other reason than the fact that Sarah Dessen wrote it (that should be enough(: ).

In the next few days, I will be going to a much loved book store of mine and I will do my best to take pictures and give a list of everything I get. I'm very excited about this trip because 1) I haven't been in a while and 2) I have been watching a LOT of Vlogbrothers videos in the last couple of days and I have many new books on my list to see if I can find. If you have any books suggestions, let me know by Sunday so I can add them to my list. I am very excited to be going!


Question for you all: Is anyone on LibraryThing.com? I'm thinking about signing up but is it worth the $25 life membership?

Next week will also be a little off schedule. I have a surprise for everyone on Monday and therefore, Music Monday will be pushed to Tuesday. 

As always leave me a comment below letting me know how you liked the review and what other books you think I should read and review.  

Thanks for reading!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment