Saturday, June 29, 2013

Taking Chances - Molly McAdams

Hello Lovelies!

I'm trying to play catch up on reviews so let's just get started!


9 out of 10!

Goodreads Summary...

Eighteen-year-old Harper has grown up under the thumb of her career marine father. Ready to live life her own way and to experience things she's only ever heard of from the jarheads in her father's unit, she's on her way to college at San Diego State University.

Thanks to her new roommate, Harper is introduced to a world of parties, gorgeous guys, family, and emotions. She finds herself being torn in two as she quickly falls in love with both her new boyfriend, Brandon, and her roommate's brother, Chase. Despite their dangerous looks and histories, both men adore Harper and would do anything for her, including taking a step back if it would mean she'd be happy.


Okay so this book begins with a couple of pluses right out of the gate. 1.Harper is going off to college and 2. She is completely clueless in the world of boys (which is a roundabout way of saying this should be an interesting adventure). 

So her roommate, Bree, is funny right out of the gate. She pulls Harper into the college world. The story begins off and me as the reader expected it to go one way...it didn't. Enter Chase and Brandon, both of whom would get my vote. This book then goes into typical triangle story line except Harper likes them both. 

Chase is the bad boy who wears it well. Tattoos, alcohol and loose women. Harper stuns him with her distaste for him and he begins to fight to protect her. He does not, however, do this very well.

Brandon is the guy Harper immediately falls for. He is clean cut and sweet. His fighting for money gives him the edge that Harper can't help but find attractive.

That should be enough...

Enter Carter. 

And as Dawson Leery said best, "And the triangle becomes a square."     

And it doesn't end there. There are so many twists and turns in this book I can't count them all. It is sad through parts and happy through others. There is a huge twist that I literally had to stop and scream when I read it. 

It is a fabulous book that I read in a matter of hours. I couldn't put it down. The only reason that it is not getting a ten is that I don't think I could sit there and cry throughout the entire thing again. 

It's a must read if you crave a good romance with twists on every page. I would recommend it to anyone who loves to read.

Please leave me a comment letting me know how you like this book or telling me another book I should read and review. 

Thanks for reading!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment