Friday, July 26, 2013

To Meet You Again - Hayley Nelson

Hello Lovelies!

I know I have been slacking on book reviews lately but now I'm back with a brand new one. I just got this book recently and finished it last night.

Goodreads Summary...

A couple of years ago, Ruby Balbacois and Don Vernal shared a moment together. Sadly for Ruby there was no follow-through. But this Valentine’s Day she has the unique opportunity to fight for the relationship she never had the chance to explore, under very strange circumstances, and with the resistance of her best friend, Angelo de Laurentiis.

 4 out of 10.

Thoughts

This book was a let down for me. It sounds like a good concept in the summary and I was excited to read it but as I got further into it I realized that it was very poorly developed. Ruby is cynical about Valentine's Day in a way that is a little disheartening to say the least.

Her moment with Don was not electric enough for me to think the author should have based an entire book on it, especially not basing it two years later. Ruby does not have the qualities that a reader can fall in love with and the author does nothing to redeem her as the story goes on.

Don is a jerk. Not that it's surprising that he is but it needs to be said. He pretends to be with Ruby to make his ex-girlfriend jealous. It is also not a believable situation because one day he pretends to be with Ruby for the first time and the next day he and his ex are making out in the hallway. 

The only thing I found redeeming about this book was Angelo. He is sweet and caring and he's in love with Ruby. He has the wit and sense of humor that got me through this book. He and Ruby are great together and their relationship made me laugh.

The last nail in coffin however was at the end of the book Ruby can't and won't tell Angelo she has feelings for him even though she does. The book simply ends not resolving this situation and leaves the reader wondering with no hope for a sequel.

The book was very short. Too short to explain anything and really get a reader to fall in love with the characters. 

Overall I did not like this book and I don't think I will be reading any more books by Nelson.

Leave me a comment letting me know if you've read this book.

Thanks for reading!

C.

1 comment: